NEW! Professional Development Course - Geri-Fit Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults for Caregivers, Home Health Care Aides and CNAs
This non-accredited course is designed for those delivering in-home exercise caregiving to older adults.
Do you need specialized training so that you can work effectively with your customers, clients, or a loved one?
Geri-Fit Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults online course is ideal for family caregivers, home health aides, CNAs, and PTAs that want to incorporate some fitness training within their scope of work. The evidence-based exercises and stretches taught in this course will give you the knowledge and guidance needed to work with older adults that need to rebuild strength that's been lost during the aging process. The course content is especially suitable for clients/patients you work with that have special medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease, strokes, balance problems, and arthritis.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Identify physiological changes associated with aging and how they influence strength training programs.
• Discuss effective teaching strategies to use with senior clients.
• Understand the application of various types of strength training techniques for the older population.
• Demonstrate appropriate evidence-based exercises and modifications for post-rehabilitation strength training exercise programs.
• Implement special modifications for specific medical or handicapped conditions.
• Identify when to substitute and modify a strength training exercise based on physical limitations or joint replacement.
• Learn exercises that can help clients/patients with Parkinson's Disease, stroke victims, and those afflicted with chronic pain.
• Learn how to effectively demonstrate and describe how strength training exercises should be performed by older adults and in ways older adults will be able to understand.
• Acquire state-of-the-art personal training and group exercise leadership skills that are needed to effectively administer strength training exercise programs for the older population.
You will learn 65 different strength training exercises and 20 stretches will be taught and demonstrated online with step-by-step instructions and a sample class video. There is a 2-hour video introduction on strength training for the elderly that will provide an overview on the importance of strength training and the elderly and you will learn when to modify and substitute certain exercises based on limitations or physical conditions. These exercises are specifically designed for the needs of older adults that are ages 75 and over, however, any age will benefit by them. Balance and gait exercises are included in the training as well as fall prevention techniques. Additionally, guidelines in working with older adults with chronic health conditions will be addressed.
When you register for this course, you will be assigned a special log in and password that will provide access to our online training portal for one person. You will have six months from the date of registration in order to complete your training. Attendees must pass a Written Examination in order to receive their Certificate of Completion. The certificate will state that you have completed Geri-Fit's Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults professional development course.
Immediate online access will be given to our training website at gerifit.com/trainers within 24 hours of receiving your payment. You will be emailed login and password instructions to the email address on file when you placed your order. You do not have to complete the 4-hour course all at one time. You can log back in and start where you left off.
During your homestudy training, free online support is available Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please email training questions to email@example.com or refer to our HELP desk under the Training section on our website for more info.
Online Course Cancellation Policy:
Registration for online courses are final. No cancellation or refund is available since access is granted to online courses immediately after a purchase has been processed.