ONLINE TRAINING: Advanced Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults - FOR INSTRUCTOR TRAINING AND CEUs
Need CEUs? Our distance learning class provides 2.0 CEUs for ACE and NSCA instructors that need to get credit hours or recertified.
This ACE and NSCA-approved online home study course has been awarded 2.0 CECs (CEUs for NSCA) and requires approximately 70 hours to complete. This online course is ideal for geriatric healthcare professionals, personal trainers and group exercise instructors that need help and guidance in working with older adults that need to rebuild lost strength. The course content is especially suitable for clients that have special medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease, strokes, balance problems, and arthritis.
For non-certified instructors, CNAs, HHAs, and caregivers: this online course is open to anyone that wants to enroll. The Practical and Written Examinations are optional and only required if you need your CEUs / CECs recorded with the organization you're certified through. If you are pre-certified, you will need to submit a copy of your ACE or NSCA certificate at the time you submit your tests.
This is an advanced course, so you should have working knowledge or experience in strength training exercises that are performed with dumbbells. Ideal candidates should be already certified by a nationally-recognized fitness organization such as ACE*, NSCA**, AFFA, ACSM, W.I.T.S., AFPA, IFPA, NESTA, NFPT or others and have a minimum of 3 years of experience with either teaching group exercise classes or personal fitness training. We also accept candidates with degrees in kinesiology, nursing, exercise physiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other healthcare professions that are in need of this specialized training.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Identify physiological changes associated with aging and how they influence strength training programs.
• Discuss effective teaching strategies to use with senior clients.
• Understand the application of various types of strength training techniques for the older population.
• Demonstrate appropriate exercises and modifications for post-rehabilitation strength training exercise programs.
• Implement special modifications for specific medical or handicapped conditions.
• Identify when to substitute and modify a strength training exercise based on physical limitations or joint replacement.
• Learn exercises that can help clients with Parkinson's Disease, stroke victims, and those afflicted with chronic pain.
• Learn how to effectively demonstrate and describe how strength training exercises should be performed by older adults and in ways older adults will be able to understand.
• Acquire state-of-the-art personal training skills needed to effectively administer strength training exercise programs for the older population.
Over 80 different strength training exercises and 20 stretches will be taught and demonstrated online. These exercises are specifically designed for the needs of older adults that are ages 75 and over. Balance and gait exercises are included in the training as well as fall prevention techniques. Additionally, guidelines in working with older adults with chronic health conditions will be addressed.
When you register for this course, you will be assigned a special log in and password that will provide access to our online training portal for one person. You will have 90 days from the date of registration in order to complete your training. Attendees must pass a practical and written examination in order to receive their Certificate of Completion and CECs recorded. The certificate will state that you have completed Geri-Fit's Advanced Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults course. The Certificate does not have an expiration date.
The training program fee is $315 and includes two dvd's and the Advanced Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults training manual which will be sent by U.S. mail within one week of receiving your payment. Immediate online access will be given to the training website at gerifit.com/trainers within 24 hours of receiving your payment during normal business hours. You will be emailed login and password instructions.
During your homestudy training, free online support is available Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please email training questions to email@example.com or refer to our HELP desk under the Training section on our website for more info.
This course is open to the public provided the above criteria has been met.
Online Course Cancellation Policy:
Registration for online courses are final. No cancellation or refund is available since access is granted to online courses immediately after a purchase has been processed. All course material is copyrighted.
* Approved by ACE (American Council on Exercise) for 2.0 CECs.
** The National Strength and Conditioning Association approved 2.0 CEU(s) for certified individuals who successfully complete this course.