Advanced Strength Training Techniques [Online Training at Geri-Fit University-Home Study Courses for your Continued Education]
Dates: 3/26/14-8/15/2014, Mon. 7:00-7:00PM
Class Description: This ACE and NSCA-approved online home study course has been awarded 2.0 CECs (CEUs for NSCA) and requires approximately 70 hours to complete. This online continuing education learning program is ideal for geriatric healthcare professionals, personal trainers and group exercise instructors that need help and guidance in working with older adults that need to rebuild lost strength. The course content is especially suitable for clients that have special medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease, strokes, balance problems, and arthritis.
In order to be accepted into the online training program, candidates must be already certified by a nationally-recognized fitness organization such as the NSCA, ACE, AFFA, ACSM, W.I.T.S., AFPA, IFPA, NASM, NESTA, or NFPT and have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with either teaching group exercise programs or a minimum of 2500 hours of personal fitness training. We will also accept candidates with degrees in kinesiology, exercise physiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other healthcare professions.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Identify physiological changes associated with aging and how they influence strength training programs.
• Discuss effective teaching strategies to use with senior clients.
• Understand the application of various types of strength training techniques for the older population.
• Demonstrate appropriate exercises and modifications for post-rehabilitation strength training exercise programs.
• Implement special modifications for specific medical or handicapped conditions.
• Identify when to substitute and modify a strength training exercise based on physical limitations or joint replacement.
• Learn exercises that can help clients with Parkinson's Disease, stroke victims, and those afflicted with chronic pain.
• Learn how to effectively demonstrate and describe how strength training exercises should be performed by older adults and in ways older adults will be able to understand.
• Acquire state-of-the-art personal training skills needed to effectively administer strength training exercise programs for the older population.
Over 80 different strength training exercises and 20 stretches will be taught and demonstrated online. These exercises are specifically designed for the needs of older adults that are ages 75 and over. Balance and gait exercises are included in the training as well as fall prevention techniques. Additionally, guidelines in working with older adults with chronic health conditions will be addressed.
When you register for this course, you will be assigned a special log in and password that will provide access to our online training portal for one person. You will have six months from the date of registration in order to complete your training. Attendees must pass a practical and written examination in order to receive their Certificate of Completion and CECs recorded. The certificate will state that you have completed Geri-Fit's Advanced Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults course and will earn the credential of a Certified Senior Strength Training Specialist (CSSTS).
The training program fee is $625 and includes two dvd's, the Advanced Strength Training Techniques for Older Adults Training Manual and other study materials which will be sent by U.S. Mail within one week of receiving your payment.
This course is open to the public provided the above criteria has been met. There are no refunds once fees have been paid.
During your homestudy training, free online support is available Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please email training questions to email@example.com or refer to our HELP desk under the Training section on our website for more info.
* Approved by ACE (American Council on Exercise) for 2.0 CECs.
** approved by NSCA for 2.0 CEUs.
Questions or to Register: 888-GERI-FIT x4