NEW! Advanced Strength Training Techniques [Pennsylvania, Wilkes-Barre YMCA-Instructor Training Course]
Dates: 8/29/2018-8/29/2018, Wednesday 9:00-5:00PM
Class Description: Whether you are a brand new instructor or have been teaching older adult fitness classes for years, this course will provide you with advanced training skills that you can apply to your strength and balance classes or one-on-one training. This live, Geri-Fit Master Trainer-led workshop will provide training for 50 different strength training exercises and 20 stretches applicable to the older adult population. Balance and gait exercises are included for advanced fall prevention training.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Understand the application of various types of advanced strength training techniques.
• Recognize how to implement modifications for joint replacement and handicap situations.
• Acquire skills in proprioception and reflex training.
• Learn optional floorwork exercises for advanced Geri-Fit students.
• Learn how to effectively lead a Geri-Fit class for older adults.
The deadline to register is August 15. There are no refunds once fees have been paid.
Please note: In order to be accepted in this training workshop, you must be a licensed Geri-Fit instructor or have been pre-selected to teach Geri-Fit at a licensed facility.
Directions: The Wilkes-Barre YMCA is located at 40 W. Northampton. Advance registration is required for this course. No payments will be accepted at the door. Register online or by phone at 1-888-GERI-FIT x3. We ask that you bring your own lunch and a water bottle. Mats and weights will be provided.
* This course is approved by NCCAP for 8 contact hours. If you are certified by another national certifying organization, you can petition to have this CEU course applied towards your recertification requirements.
Questions or to Register: 1-888-437-4348 x3